I finally got a successful print on the Creality Ender 3. After 4 days of printing and failing and tweaking and failing and re-leveling and failing…. You get the idea. I finally got a good Print.
I present to you, the Google Mini Stand from Thingiverse.
This may not look like a big deal to you, but I am so friggin happy 🙂 right now.
OK, so here is are my settings I used in Simplify3D using PLA filament.
- I leveled the bed… Again.
- Using a piece of paper and getting the nozzle to where it is “just” starting to grab the paper.
Here are all of the settings in Simply3D
- Extruder – Nozzle Dia – .40
- Extruder – Ooze Control – Retraction Distance 10.00 mm
- Extruder – Ooze Control – Coast at end – Coasting Distance .20
- Layer – Layer Settings – Top Solid – 5
- Layer – Layer Settings – Bottom Solid – 4
- Layer – Layer Settings – Outline/Perimeter shells – 3
- Layer – First Layer Settings – Height – 95%
- Layer – First Layer Settings – Width – 105%
- Layer – First Layer Settings – Speed – 40%
- Temperature – Set the Bed temp to 60 c
- Temperature – Set Extruder temp for Layer 1 to 220 c
- Temperature – Set Extruder temp for Layer 2 to 215 c
- Cooling – Set Cooling Fan Speed on Layer 1 to 25%
- Cooling – Set Cooling Fan Speed on Layer 2 to 100%
- G-Code – Update Machine Definition – Cartesian robot
- G-Code – Update Machine Definition – Build Volume – 220 x 220 x 250
- Scripts – Starting ScriptG28 ; home all axesG1 Z5 F3000 ; lift
G1 X5 Y10 F1500 ; move to prime
G1 Z0.2 F3000 ; get ready to prime
G92 E0 ; reset extrusion distance
G1 Y80 E10 F600 ; prime nozzle
G1 Y100 F5000 ; quick wipe
- Scripts – Ending ScriptG28 X0 ; home x axisM106 S0 ; turn off cooling fan
M104 S0 ; turn off extruder
M140 S0 ; turn off bed
M84 ; disable motors
- Speeds – Default – 3600
- The rest of the settings were default settings, but if you would like to load my FFF, Here ya go Ender 3 PLA.FFF