The Modix BIG-60 V3 is a large professional high-volume 3D printer kit made by Modix, a manufacturer from Israel.
This 3D printer is currently in its third iteration, having received many updates over the years. It comes as a kit for the user to assemble, and assembly videos are available on the Modix website.
BIG-60 Version 3 vs.
Almost every part of the printer has been updated, from the guides and ball screws to the drivers and wiring. These are just some of the improvements:
- 10% more build volume (60 mm higher)
- 32-bit Duet 2 Wi-Fi controller (vs. 8-bit MKS Gen 1.4)
- RepRap firmware from Duet3D (vs. Marlin firmware)
- 7″ touchscreen
- E3D Titan Aero extruder with direct drive (vs Bowden extruder, standard Titan)
Main features of Modix BIG-60 Version 3
- Heated printing platform : this large 3D printer has a heated printing platform with temperatures up to 120° C.
- Dual-zone silicone heater : The dual-zone heater allows users to adapt the heating of the printing platform to the size of the object.
- PEI printing surface : makes it easy to glue and remove the 3D printed object.
- Automatic alignment : The system checks the platform at 100 different points.
- End of Filament Sensor : The 3D printer detects and alerts the user when the spool runs out of filament.